Autumn in a glass. That’s what this delightful (yet easy) spiced pear bourbon cocktail gives you. With subtle notes of juicy pear and warm cinnamon, a boozy hit of bourbon, and just a hint of lemon to bring everything together, it manages to be both refreshing and cozy at the same time.
This cocktail pairs my spiced pear simple syrup with a quality bourbon and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice for a super easy 3-ingredient drink that feels SO fancy.
(Okay, I realize that the simple syrup technically takes a few ingredients, but make a batch and keep it on hand!)
If you’re feeling really “extra”, I feel like what this spiced pear bourbon cocktail really DESERVES is a cinnamon-sugar rim (like so).
You might also like: The At-Home Cocktail Tools I Swear By
As you can see from the ingredients and proportions, this is basically somewhere between a spiced pear old fashioned and whiskey sour…a slight twist on the classic cocktails.
For that reason I do recommend a quality bourbon for this, and a slightly higher-proof one…90-proof or more should do it (Woodford is around 90, but my fave is the Old Forester 100-proof). I just find that the bourbons in the 80-90 range get a little lost…you want it to punch through a bit!
If you don’t have the brandy or liqueur, you can also substitute more bourbon (and possibly increase the simple syrup just a tad to balance it).
Cover tightly with the lid, and shake vigorously for 15 to 30 seconds, until the ice is breaking up and the shaker is cold and frosty.
Strain the drink into a coupe glass or small rocks glass (either neat or over crushed ice; my preference is neat).
Because I was too lazy to do a cinnamon-sugar rim just for myself, I threw a cinnamon stick in as an easy, fancy garnish. Et voila!
Perfect for sipping in front of the fire. Here is the spiced pear simple syrup you’ll need to make this…it’s super easy, and makes a fairly large batch (it can be scaled up even more if needed). Get yo’self a ripe, juicy pear and make this cocktail STAT!
Other great cocktails for fall and winter:
- Bourbon Milk Punch Cocktail (an all-time fave)
- Grapefruit Cardamom Gin Cocktail
- Sage Advice: A Winter-y Bourbon Cocktail
- “Trouble In Paradise”: Spiced Peach Bourbon Cocktail
- A Perfect Amaretto Sour Cocktail (with Bourbon)
- “43 Flip”: Creamy Whiskey Cocktail with Licor 43
- A Different Take on Poinsettia Punch (Berry, Lemon, Spice, & Gin)
- Rye Port Manhattan Cocktail
- Warm Spiked Apple Cider with Port & Cranberries (low ABV)
Adapted from A Flavor Journal
Pin for later!
- 1 1/2 ounces of good bourbon (I prefer at least 90-proof to balance the sweetness)
- 1/2 ounce of apple or pear brandy (or liquor/liqueur; not a super sweet one, see notes)
- 1 ounce of spiced pear simple syrup (easy recipe linked in post)
- Squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- Fill a cocktail shaker half-full with ice, then add all ingredients directly into the shaker.
- Cover tightly with the lid, and shake vigorously for 15 to 30 seconds, until the ice is breaking up and the shaker is cold and frosty.
- Strain the drink into a coupe glass or small rocks glass (either neat or over crushed ice; my preference is neat).
- If you don't have the brandy or liqueur, you can also substitute more bourbon (and possibly increase the simple syrup just a tad).
- This would be great with a cinnamon-sugar rim.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.