My CSA box from a couple weeks ago keeps on giving. I knew exactly what I wanted to do with these beauties the minute I saw them. But the last couple weeks have been so nuts that I haven’t had the chance to carry out my nefarious plans.
And by “nefarious”, I mean “delicious”. Behold, roasted carrots with smoked sea salt and thyme.
Roasted carrots are always amazing, because the natural sugars in the carrot really come to life.
Thyme is a natural friend of the carrot, and the smoked sea salt (which you should be able to get at any grocery store) adds another layer of depth to the flavors. This side dish feels so fancy, and it literally takes five minutes, max.
Pre-heat the oven to 425° F. Scrub the carrots and remove any stalks, then pat dry (they’ll roast better). I left both ends on, but you can trim them, if you like.
Line a pan with foil and place the carrots on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, then sprinkle with the smoked salt and dried thyme.
Toss to evenly cover the carrots and roast in the oven for 25-35 minutes, until the carrots are slightly browned. Turn over once halfway through. My carrots were a little fat, so it took closer about half an hour.
Though your roasted carrots already have sea salt and thyme, sprinkle with fresh-ground pepper and fresh parsley when you remove from the oven. Serve warm.
Other easy side dishes you’ll love:
- Crispy Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Balsamic-Honey Drizzle
- Roasted Butternut Squash & Brussels Sprouts with Dijon Vinaigrette
- Roasted Carrots & Fingerling Potatoes with Turmeric
- Oven-Roasted Okra
- Easy Air Fryer Green Beans (Blistered Green Bean Fries)
- Caramelized Shredded Brussels Sprouts
Roasted Carrots with Smoked Salt and Thyme
Can be scaled up or down; I only made 4 small carrots & estimated the rest
- 1 bundle of carrots, preferably organic & heirloom (about 2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons of Maldon smoked sea salt (you can also use regular sea salt)
- 1 tablespoon of dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons of olive 0il
- 1 tablespoon of fresh chopped parsley
- Fresh ground pepper (to taste)
- Pre-heat oven to 425° F. Scrub carrots and trim the stalks, then pat dry. I left the ends on (I like how the tips turned out), but you can trim too, if you like.
- Place carrots on a baking sheet (I lined mine with foil), drizzle olive oil then sprinkle with the smoked salt and dried thyme. Toss to evenly cover the carrots.
- Place tray in oven and cook for 25-35 minutes, turning once half way through, until the carrots are slightly browned. My carrots were a little fatter, so it took a little longer.
- Remove from oven, add pepper and fresh chopped parsley. Serve warm.
Original recipe here
Pin for later!
Melissa W. says
This came just in time! I didn’t know what veggie to make with dinner! Its was a hit with me and Vince, and even Claire seemed to like it (and she’s usually against all orange vegetables). I didn’t have an parsley, but it was great anyway. I’m going to use this again and again, because it’s soooooo fast and easy, plus fancy enough to serve to company. 🙂
Thanks! I really loved it and it was so easy. For me, the parsley was just garnish (to help balance the orange in the picture, which my camera doesn’t like), I only used because I had a ton leftover from last week’s recipe 🙂