Everyone should have a simple pizza sauce in their repertoire, something they can throw together in just a couple minutes from ingredients in their pantry. And for me, there is nothing more perfect in its simplicity than the traditional tomato sauce for margherita pizza.
I’ve been on a grilled pizza kick, both because it’s amazingly delicious, and also because I’ve been trying out all sorts of grilling different techniques to determine once and for all what the best is.
And in the process I’ve eaten a loooooott of margherita pizza. So much. But so yumz.
Check out my deep post on how to grill pizza, & the best easy dough recipe!
There are just a handful of ingredients in this super simple pizza sauce recipe, so quality really matters. And all it takes is a quick whiz in the blender, so no heat, no mess, and literally 5 seconds. Then you can make this easy, delicious traditional margherita pizza!
- It all starts with GOOD canned tomatoes. The original recipe recommends fire-roasted, which I’d like to try sometime, but I’m a huge fan of San Marzano and order them by the case since my grocery availability is spotty.
- A little bit of fresh garlic. But a *little* bit…as a garlic lover it’s easy to want to go overboard.
- Small amounts of dried oregano, olive oil, sea salt, and a little bit of sugar to balance the acidity.
I can’t overstate how good this fresh, simple sauce is on good dough, with only some cheese for company. Add some fresh basil and you’ve got a winner.
It’s hard to talk myself out of making this at least a few times a week because it’s so easy. This post gives detailed instructions for how to make amazing grilled pizza, including two different techniques, tips, tools, & different flavor combos!
And even though I don’t have a fancy wood-fired oven, every time I eat it is like transporting myself back to a pizzeria in Rome…glass of wine in hand, tangy tomato sauce bursting in my mouth. HEAVEN.
Other Italian delights you’ll love:
- Giovanna’s Pasta con Pesto
- Amazing Authentic Tiramisu
- Traditional Tuscan Pasta with Walnut Sauce
- Orange Almond Biscotti
- Grilled Traditional Margherita Pizza
Adapted from A Couple Cooks
This no-cook tomato sauce for margherita pizza is simple and traditional, a delicious and fresh pizza sauce that only takes a couple minutes to make! As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Simple No-Cook Tomato Sauce For Margherita Pizza
This no-cook tomato sauce for margherita pizza is simple and traditional, a delicious and fresh pizza sauce that only takes a couple minutes to make!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Leave a Reply