I’m having trouble accepting that my grilling season is almost over.
Yes, I realize that the weather in Atlanta will permit grilling pretty much year-round, but it is harder to heat up when it’s cold. So I’m trying to squeeze all the grilling in that I can, and I’m on a super salmon kick.
I was so excited when my first salmon grilling (maple citrus grilled salmon) went so well, that I felt brave trying it again. This sesame-soy salmon was just as easy, but more of a savory (I always want to spell it savoury, like the Brits) spin.
Besides the salmon, the marinade takes ingredients you probably have on-hand (except maybe the sesame oil, but I highly recommend keeping that stocked—it’s awesome).
Whisk together all the marinade ingredients in a bowl.
Place the salmon fillets in a large ziploc or tupperware container that seals well.
Pour in the marinade, seal, and put in the refrigerator for a few hours. If you’re desperate for dinner, it can be less than that.
When you’re ready to cook them, heat your grill to medium (about 350-450 F). Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side.
Serve while they’re hot and fresh!
These were so flavorful and the salmon just melted in your mouth!
Other salmon recipes you’ll love:
- Pan-Caramelized Salmon
- Roasted Salmon with Shallots & Tomatoes
- Rosemary & Garlic Roasted Salmon
- Maple Citrus Grilled Salmon
- Creamy Smoked Salmon Pasta with Veggies
Grilled Sesame-Soy Salmon
- 3 pieces of fresh salmon, 4 ounces each (wild-caught, if possible)
- 1 tablespoon of sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon of low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- Whisk together the soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic powder and onion powder in a bowl.
- Place the salmon in a large ziploc bag or tupperware container. Pour the marinade over the salmon, seal, and let marinate for a couple hours (can be less if necessary).
- Heat grill to medium (between 350-450 F on my grill). Cook salmon for 3-4 minutes per side.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Original recipe here
Pin for later!