If you hadn’t noticed, I’ve been on a “chicken so easy I don’t actually have to do anything” kick for the past month or so. That’s mostly because I’ve been cooking for other people more often lately—when it’s just me, I am way too lazy to deal with raw meat. But this influx of company has been great for getting me to try a few of the most popular chicken recipes on Pinterest and see if they’re really as easy as they claim to be.
Spoiler: they are. First it was the garlic brown sugar chicken (which was phenomenal), then the white wine lemon chicken, which I made again last Friday night when my family was in town and it turned out even better than the first time.
So last Sunday, when I was going to be cooking another big meal, I looked at a few of my entree pins on Pinterest and this “melt-in-your-mouth chicken” jumped out at me. It took ingredients I already had on hand, and it looked really easy so that I could concentrate on the new lemon ricotta cheesecake and lemon asparagus goat cheese pasta recipes I was trying out the same night. Yeeeeahh…sometimes I get a little overambitious on trying new recipes all at once…
Anyway, long story short, this turned out awesome and everyone raved about it. It also made my ravenous post-run self a great dinner of leftovers on Monday night.
Also, you can use all Greek yogurt instead of the mayo if you prefer. The mayo gives it awesome tang, but obviously adds some calories and fat.
Preheat oven to 375 F. Lay out the chicken breasts in a foil-lined pan. If they’re too fat, butterfly them so they’ll cook evenly.
Mix together all the other ingredients–Greek yogurt, mayo (if you want to use it), cheese, garlic powder, seasoned salt, and pepper. Smoosh it all together. I tasted a tiny bit, has a nice tang to it.
Coat all the chicken breasts evenly. Get it good and thick—it seals in the juices nicely.
Bake for about 45 minutes, should be golden brown on top. I’d use a meat thermometer to check that the inside of the chicken breasts is at least 165 F, so it’s fully cooked.
Other easy & delicious weeknight chicken recipes:
- Garlic Brown Sugar Chicken
- Apricot Balsamic Chicken
- Pinterest’s Famous “Man Pleasing” Chicken
- Easy Sesame Chicken
- Maple-Glazed Chicken with Sweet Potato Hash
- The Crispiest Chicken Tenders in the Air Fryer
We doubled this recipe (with some estimating creative liberties) for four hungry adults
- 4 boneless/skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup of plain greek yogurt (I used about 2/3 greek yogurt and about 1/3 Duke’s mayo)
- 1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese or similar blend (I used asiago/romano/parmesan)
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line 9×13 pan with foil and spray lightly with cooking spray.
- Stir together greek yogurt (and mayo, if using), parmesan cheese, garlic powder, seasoned salt, and pepper in a bowl.
- Lay chicken in the pan and thoroughly coat each chicken breast in mixture.
- Bake for 45 minutes, until chicken juices run clear (should be 165 F inside).
Original post from Megnificent Life
Pin this image!